Thursday, January 3, 2008

Goodbyes

Well after having my girlfriend and family around for the last few weeks, it is coming to an end today. In a few hours I will go to the airport and wish them a safe flight as they go back to Oregon, Starbucks, cold weather, Burgerville, fresh fruit, new music, reliable transportation, TV, snow, skiing, stress and leave behind the Marshall Islands, hot humid weather, snorkeling, coral reef fish, taxi's that cough and sputter, rice and chicken for every meal, agonizing boat rides, dancing children, flowers, shells, inefficiency, poverty to the extreme and fierce dogs.

It is a blessing and a curse the modern era we live in. Family and friends can travel thousands upon thousands of miles and be on your doorstep, where ever that may be, tomorrow but by the same miraculous concept they can be taken away in the same amount of time.

Much love to all and hug the person next to you --- unless he looks dangerous in which case RUN.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Tim,

No Burgerville or Starbucks would be hard to take over an extended amount of time. You are a better person than I. If somebody withheld a Halibut Fish Sandwich, Sweet Potatoe Fries and a Triple Venti Latte from me, I'd tell any and all secrets rambling about in my grey matter.

I'm jealous that I'm not able to visit the atoll.

tim said...

Well, I am going on a starbucks and burgerville binge when i get back staeside... want to come?

Oh, and I plan on living abroad soon again, so maybe you will be able to visit then?