Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving back in with the rents...

Well, I have reverted about ten years and now share the same address as my parents. I kind of thought this sort of stuff was like those footie pajamas I grew out of when I was ten; something I'd fondly revisit on Thanksgivings and Christmases, but otherwise something I'd grown out of. Well I'm back.
First impressions are positive. I haven't seen a fridge this stacked since high school, they keep the heat on all the time, and, no kidding, they have cable.
We'll see what happens and if they start laying down curfews, implementing no-phone-calls-afte-ten rules, and telling me, "can you please tell Brian to drive slower on our street?"
I am twenty five and I live with Mom and Pops.
Future's so bright I need shades.
:)

5 comments:

Amberlynn said...

No shame in it. You're lucky to have folks willing and able to help shelter you. :)

Superstup said...

Beleive it or not I am 51 and had to do the same thing. I had to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and while I might have been able to find another way out, the folks were starting to need help too. So here I am, back at home and yes, in footie pajamas. Not sure now when I will ever get out of them.

Jimbo said...

I'm 58, I wore and still wear footies! My dad wore them in his last years! Be thankful for your parents! Help them in their golden years and take care of them! Remember, God only gave you one pair, and when they are gone, you will miss them dearly! No matter how old you are, if they give advise, listen, it may be important!

Superstup said...

Totally agree Jimbo. My perspective changed when I was in my 40's and I began to realize we were starting to run out of time, at least quality time. We have all enjoyed this unexpected time together as we experience life with a completely different view than before. Tim I hope your parents are treating you with dignity and respect, and you them. And its not such a bad thing to feel like a kid again, but in a different way than before. Remember you are are also seen by your parents as link to their own youth.

Zachary Koval said...

Your parents having cable is right up there with my parents buying a wii...