Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The First Baby Steps



First of all, for any of those out there interested in what Syd would look like as a bride, and I know there are a few of you, I have the first exclusive photos of how he would appear.


Shocking?


Yes.


Astounding?


Of course.


Surprisingly appealing?


Who would have guessed...


OK, enough of these inappropriate jokes...


I said a glut of goodbyes today and yesterday in Portland. My apartment is finally packed away into storage which leaves the wooden, creaky place ripe for echos. My cousins will now be able to do the construction they have wanted to on it. I can’t wait to see how it looks on my return!


I had a going away barbeque which was great, but as is often the case at gatherings where you are the host, you never are able to spend enough time with specific people because there are always others to greet. Regardless, it was a great time.


Leaving on a journey like this is something that sounds exciting in the planning phases, stressful in the preparation phases and terrifying in the doing phases.


I am in the doing phase now and I am still excited but also sad and scared to leave behind most of the people I love for a year and face a new challenge, thousands of miles away.


Tiffany drove me down to Eugene today, and as I wait for her while she is in class, I can’t really comprehend the fact that I will be so far away in a few days time.


Seriously, take a globe and give it a spin, because I will be on the opposite side of it in a few days time.


If it wasn’t scary though, something wouldn’t be right.


In closing, there is a photo of Ellie with her doll. This is my favorite photo so far with my new camera, although it is kind of creepy because of the doll.




The love you give comes back in the end.
--------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

slane said...

Hi Tim,

So many goodbyes doesn't make the going any easier. This is a new adventure and one to be excited about. Please keep us posted and up-todate.

Love, DAD

Leah said...

Dolls are only creepy if they talk.