Monday, June 2, 2008

Hello USA, How Have You Been?

Well, here I am, back in the U.S. of A. and I must say that it feels pretty dang good. Got off the plane at 2:30 am and waited for 8 hours for the Continental desk to open up so I could check my bags. Once that happened though, things have been going smoothly. They even checked my bags all of the way through to Portland even though the LAX to PDX leg is on a different airline.

Sweet.

Things I love so far: Starbucks, high-speed wireless internet, not being stared at, understanding everyone, clean bathrooms with soap and hot water, fresh fruit and air conditioning.

Things I am weary of: Well after spending a year in a country where all women were more or less boxy in shape due to the huge conservative dresses draped over them like a burlap sack, seeing ladies strut by in tight jeans and low cut shirts makes me blush. I want to shout, "HAVE SOME MODESTY! DO YOUR PARENTS KNOW YOU DRESS LIKE THIS?"

Things I hate so far: Everything in the airport is about $30 more than it actually should be. Want a water? Well, just sell me the rights to your kidney and then we can start talking.

Well, I waited with two friends from the RMI and we slept a little, talked a little and I called people on my cell phone...

Boomer found rest flung over the top of his suitcase while Ashley meditated to a higher plane.

Next step Portland.

Can't wait.

1 comment:

slane said...

I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Dinner tomorrow night with you and Tiff!!
DAD