Monday, August 4, 2008

A Bike Ride and Other Ramblings

I am so excited to go camping with my family. I remember way back when it used to be the highlight of my year. It still is, but this time it is the highlight of two years as I didn’t go last year.

James and Dan decided to go on the “Hottest Day of the Year” bike ride. When they woke up the sky was overcast and there was a slow drizzle hanging from the cloud-cover. They showed up an hour early. On the first climb of the 15-mile ride, people got off their bikes and started to walk them. They took turns listening to music on James’ iphone. Dan and James left the course half-way through to go to Fire on the Mountain and eat chicken wings and beer. At the end of the ride there is supposed to be a bit water gun fight but they came home instead because they were just too cold.

Way to go, boys.

Well, a few days into this whole devoting-my-life-to-writing thing I have been both stoked on the possibilities and disheartened by the obstacles. Oh well…

In related notes, Powell’s book store is awesome.

Poems are a better medium than I thought.

Dan Caccavano is a saint. (He lends me his computer until I can buy my own).

No comments: