Friday, July 11, 2008

Night One

OK, so Dan and I are here in Seattle. We are getting cozy as we have been pegged to sleep in the same bed. There were a few preliminary questions we had to clear up before we got into bed. 

Can I where my helmet to bed? (Yes) 

Can you help me apply the anti-chafing cream tomorrow morning? (NO!)

Well, it has been fun so far. We have carbed up and we are in the right mind-set. Janet, Jim and my Dad all decided on a 3:30 am wake-up. Now, I can't really say that I am happy about that hour, but when you are with the pack you need to learn how to run. I guess. I am not sure if that made sense.

Highlights from trip so far:
-"Hey Janet, check out Dan's eyes, they're beautiful," I say.
"Oh, let me see Dan!" Janet says.
"Now you got me embarrassed," Dan says.
"They look like universes being born," I say.
"That is ridiculous, and now I am too embarrassed," Dan says.
"Sweet Dan," Janet says.

-We have forgot and had to go-back-and-get/buy one pair of bike shorts, two tennis shoes and a left bike clip-in.

-Burgerville

-Ellie and Mim coming to cheer us on with cookies and signs.

-Janet forcing Thomas to hold her hand.

3 comments:

Tiffany Leigh Speer said...

precious picture

Tom said...

Tim, if you and Dan are sleeping together, I'm glad to see that you are wearing protection.

slane said...

Tom, that was funny, Wendy