Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Why I Love Mornings

6:00 am – Damn, I don’t want to get out of bed.

6:05 am – When they mean absolutely no absences, do you think they count Wednesday mornings?

6:09 am – OK, lets get moving.

6:22 am – Bike is jammed between the door and the wall because the door won’t open all the way due to Syd’s skateboard propped at the bottom of the stairs. This sucks.

6:32 am – Whew, Starbucks. One coffee, one bagel, one happy Tim.

6:33 am – Really? I left my homework at home?

6:36 am – Why’d I get coffee? I got to ride my bike back home with a coffee?

6:39 am – Man in wheelchair says, “What, you can’t hold the door open for a guy in a wheelchair?” I stand and stare at him. “Looks like you can unlock your bike just fine, why can’t you figure out how to hold a door open?” I stand and stare. I still say nothing. The man starts to shake his head slowly like all that is wrong with the world is bottled up inside of me. But I love people in wheelchairs I want to shout. Too late, he’s scooted away.

6:52 am – Back home. Door won’t open cause Syd has skateboard propped at bottom of stairs.

1 comment:

Tiffany Leigh Speer said...

aww, hang in there! some mornings are rough... but every day is fresh and new!